Monday 24 February 2014

"I'm Cleaning Out The Shed"

Or to be more precise, Clearing Up A Roof That Got Blown Off.  Not off of our house fortunately, but off the outside area I was building, as mentioned in the very recent blog "Here's A Good Place To Look At The View".

To start with I blamed the Yoof. We'd had an 18th birthday party for one of The Boys on Saturday. About 30 people came around and there was a certain amount of alcohol imbibing happening. And to be honest, the whole thing had seemed to go very well in the alcohol imbibing circumstances.

But when I saw the state of the roof, which was pretty much trashed, I put 2 and 2 together and made 18. I thought a group of them had sneaked out at some point and, for some strange reason, had wrecked my year and a bit of planning and hard work. I was upset. As mentioned in the blog, I had ideas for the place. Musical ideas. And it was part of plans for our son's wedding reception. In a brain fuzzled place I took the obvious step and rang the Local Nick.

Two nice, young constables came round. Least that was the impression they gave (of being nice that is) and though I've heard plenty of Police horror stories I'd prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt. PC, soon to be Detective Constable, Bill Smart (no actual names have been used in this account) observed, quite correctly, that it would have been very, very, difficult for a gang of yoof, in the dark, to cause the specific sort of Roof Movement as exemplified by The Roof in question.

So. The Wind it was. And my apologies to the Yoof, for my lack of trust in them. I'm usually telling other folk off for that. And apologies to the roof for not believing in the power of the wind as much as I should have. Not that we didn't take it into account, but hey, ho.

Anyway, it's not been a great day. The only positive outcome being that I've now got a new song called The Roof Blows Off (Cover Me). I don't hang around. Well, I do with the DIY, but not with the songwriting.


The line "I'm Cleaning Out The Shed" is from my next Fee Comes Fourth tune Cleaning Out The Shed to be released on March 4th 2014. It's a dance number.


No comments:

Post a Comment